Friday 16 October 2015

POP OUT BOXES TUTORIAL

POP OUT BOXES TUTORIAL


Firstly, measure the area that you want to place a pop up box,
you'll need the width & the height.
For example, if the area measures 15 cm wide x 10 cm
wide then you'll need a piece of card that is
14 cm wide (so 1 cm narrower) x 8 cm high (2 cm shorter)
THIS IS AN APPROX. GUIDE ONLY
The idea is not to see the box from the front of your project

I usually have a depth of 1cm but if I want it to pop out further then I would increase this.
In the above pic I've scored at 1cm, 4cm, 5cm, 8cm & 9cm
and this will give me a box that is 3cm high with a pop out depth of 1cm


Cut off any excess card at the last score line


Fold & crease the score lines & add DST to one of the outer flaps on the inside


then close up the box, easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment